Select Page

How to claim for an Industrial Injury

Frequently asked questions at Russell Worth solicitors
How much is a industrial disease claim worth?
How much compensation for industrial disease

How to Claim For an Industrial Injury

Have you been injured in an industrial accident and do not know what to do or how to claim? Our advice below will help you weigh up your options.

Injured in an industrial environment?

  • Crushed by heavy machinery
  • Injured by faulty machinery
  • Burnt by hazardous chemicals
  • Lack of health & Safety procedures
  • Suffered pain and injury
  • Unable to return to work

Each year thousands of people like you are injured at work

If you have been injured in an industrial environment whilst doing your job you’re not alone. Thousands of people are injured every year whilst working in industrial industries and environments. The team at Russell Worth solicitors have many years of experience within this area and can help you to make a claim for compensation. We can help you make a claim if you’ve been involved in:

Worried about claiming against your employer?

Industrial accidents happen as the result of negligence. You shouldn’t worry about taking legal action against your employer; they will be covered by insurance and by making a claim you could help reduce the risk of similar accidents happening in the future. Our team will help you through this difficult time. From 1st April 2013 when you contact us you will not be asked to pay any money whatsoever up front. Even if your claim is unsuccessful through no fault of your own you will never be asked to pay anything to anyone.

Russell Worth solicitors team are on hand to help you

Our friendly team will do the hard work and form-filling so you don’t have to. Simply fill in our compensation claim form and one of our expert advisers will be in touch or if you prefer you can talk directly to someone now by calling our 24hr Russell Worth solicitors helpline on 0800 028 2060, or request a call back – your claim will be dealt with immediately either way.

What is an industrial injury?

The term industrial injury is rather a broad one and can mean different things to different people. Often it is used to refer to industrial disease cases and for more information on some of the industrial disease cases we cover please follow the link to our specific dedicated pages.

Sometimes when people mention the term industrial injury they are talking about the Government Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) scheme which awards weekly tax free pensions to those who have suffered an industrial accident or developed an industrial disease. At Russell Worth solicitors we are asked if we offer assistance in applying for IIDB in return for a payment should the individual qualify for a weekly allowance. The answer is no, not because we don’t want to help but because we are not welfare rights experts and more importantly there are a number of organisations who already offer this service free of charge. There are certainly companies who will offer you this service, for a charge, but we are not one of them and whilst we cannot either encourage or discourage anyone from engaging their services – that is a decision for you – may we suggest contacting one of the following organisations who may offer the same service for free:

  • Your local benefits office (if they cannot help they may be able to give you the details of a local or national group that can).
  • The Benefit Enquiry Line. A free national service for disabled people and their carers.
  • The Citizens Advice Bureau.
  • Your union (if you are a member of a life member)
  • The Royal British Legion (if you have served in the armed forces)

There are other organisations, some voluntary and some paid, who can offer free assistance with IIDB forms and appeals and so before you agree to pay for this service we would encourage you to do some research before parting with your money. We make no comment on the levels of service offered in relation to IIDB advisers but reiterate that at Russell Worth solicitors when you contact us you will not be asked to pay any money whatsoever up front. Even if your claim is unsuccessful through no fault of your own you will never be asked to pay anything to anyone.

Claiming Compensation

Free Legal Advice

If you are unsure whether you can claim compensation for a personal injury sustained in the armed forces, then call our personal injury claims team for free for no obligation advice on making a claim. They will ask you some simple questions about your condition, talk to you about what’s happened and can tell you if you have a viable claim for compensation or not.

Call us 24/7 on 0800 028 2060.

Latest Compensation News

Alton Towers crash victim still awaiting compensation

Two years ago a tragic accident on a roller coaster left several young people severely injured; in Leah Washington’s case she lost her leg while others suffered smashed knees and other horrific injuries. The accident happened on the ‘Smiler’ ride at Alton Towers when...

read more

Asbestos threat closes Shefford Schools

The demolition of a Victorian school in Shefford has sparked outrage in the local community due to fears of asbestos contamination. When developers recently demolished the old Shefford Lower School buildings neighbours reported that the dust cloud was higher than the...

read more

Surgical blunders to blame for death of midwife

A former midwife who spent 30 years of her working life at the Heartlands Hospital died as a result of mistakes made during surgery at the same hospital. Lynda Simmonds, a 61-year old grandmother of two, visited her doctor in March 2013 suffering from stomach pains...

read more