Select Page

Reporting an Accident at Work

Injured in an accident at work? Call 0800 028 2060
How much is a industrial disease claim worth?
How much compensation for industrial disease

Reporting Your Accident

If you or a loved one have been injured at work in an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may have a claim for compensation.  Russell Worth have a dedicated accidents at work team that can help you make a No Win, No Fee claim for compensation. Speak to Russell Worth 0800 028 2060 about your right to make an accident at work claim for compensation.

If someone had been injured or died after a serious accident at work, then a RIDDOR report may be required. Serious injuries in RIDDOR include:

  • Broken bones and fractures
  • Amputations
  • Loss of sight
  • Crush injuries to head or internal organs
  • Serious burns covering more than 10% body
  • Burns to eyes or lungs
  • Any loss of consciousness cause by a head injury
  • Any injury requiring admittance to hospital or
  • Injuries requiring resuscitation

Industrial Diseases

An employer has an obligation to report certain industrial diseases. Your employer has to report if you have been diagnosed for:

When to report an accident

Worker is incapacitated for longer than three days

If you are able to return to work three days after the accident, then the accident must be recorded in your employer’s accident book. An accident book is a requirement under the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1979.

Worker is incapacitated for longer than seven days

If you cannot work for seven consecutive days as a result of an accident at work, either as an employee or self-employed contractor then the accident must be reported. This includes weekends and must be reported within 15 days of the accident.

Who should you report to?

If you are an employer or member of the public you can only raise your concerns with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is the responsibility of your employer, the self-employed and people in charge of your work premises to submit reports under RIDDOR.  All accidents are generally reported online to via the HSE website or can be made by phone: 0345 300 9923.

Making an accident at work claim

If you’ve been involved in an accident at work, which has been reported or recorded in an accident book, then speak to one of our accidents at work solicitors about your right to claim. Call free on 0800 028 2060 and they will be able to help explain how the claim process works and how you can make a No Win No Fee claim for compensation.

Claiming Compensation

Free Legal Advice

If you are unsure whether you can claim compensation for a personal injury sustained in the armed forces, then call our personal injury claims team for free for no obligation advice on making a claim. They will ask you some simple questions about your condition, talk to you about what’s happened and can tell you if you have a viable claim for compensation or not.

Call us 24/7 on 0800 028 2060.

Latest Compensation News

Alton Towers crash victim still awaiting compensation

Two years ago a tragic accident on a roller coaster left several young people severely injured; in Leah Washington’s case she lost her leg while others suffered smashed knees and other horrific injuries. The accident happened on the ‘Smiler’ ride at Alton Towers when...

read more

Asbestos threat closes Shefford Schools

The demolition of a Victorian school in Shefford has sparked outrage in the local community due to fears of asbestos contamination. When developers recently demolished the old Shefford Lower School buildings neighbours reported that the dust cloud was higher than the...

read more

Surgical blunders to blame for death of midwife

A former midwife who spent 30 years of her working life at the Heartlands Hospital died as a result of mistakes made during surgery at the same hospital. Lynda Simmonds, a 61-year old grandmother of two, visited her doctor in March 2013 suffering from stomach pains...

read more